Saturday 3rd July 2010 sees the return of last year’s popular Thornbury Carnival.
Major features of the day include:
- 3 performance stages and lots more entertainment to suit all ages around the site
- The Central Band of the RAF,
City of Bristol Pipes and Drums, Caribbean Melody Steel Band, Thornbury Brass Band, Thornbury Orchestra, Octaves Junior Choir, Nailsworth Silver Band, Concord Saxophone Quartet, Westbury ATC Corps of Drums, Mo,Mac ‘n Me, Kaya Drums, Panache Steel Band, Dolphin Marching Band and Thornbury Area Music Centre.
- Fun Fair, Face Painting, Punch and Judy Show, Clown Bobby, Cirque Bijou, Paddling Pool and fixed play equipment, The Playbus, Old Down Country Park animals, Pony rides,
Weston Super Mare’s Donkeys!
- Photographic/ Drawing Competition for the 2011 Carnival Programme.
- King Edmunds Acro Gymnastics display, Blue Flames Cheerleaders, McLennan School of Irish Dancing, Egyptian Nights Dancing Troupe, Wu Shu Kwan Kickboxers, Primary Schools 6-a-side soccer competition
Ragged and Old Morris Side.
- Beaufort Model Flying Club, Yate and Sodbury Model Sailing Club, Thornbury Model Railway Club, Radio controlled tanks.
- Vintage Traction Engine, miniature traction and static steam engines. Joe Nemeth’s “Road-Up” display, Classic Cars, Commercials and military vehicles.
- Car displays by: Dick Lovett Mini, Berkeley Vale Motors, Thornbury Motors and Cromhall Refinishing.
- Refreshment Tent, Wine Bar, Hog Roast, Carnival Tavern, Ice Cream.
- Club, Society, Charity, Exhibition and Business stalls, Crafts and Food marquee.
- Buskers, clowns and stilt walkers in Town before the:
- Parade from the Castle School at 10.30 am.
Gates open at 12 noon. Stalls close at 6pm. The Fun Fair and main refreshment area will stay open until 8pm. Musical Comedy will be on stage 1 from 6.30pm to 8pm with Three Chords Theatre Company presenting “Fat Shirley”.
Admission is �2 for adults and �1 for ages 5-16. There are 5 entrance gates and programmes are �1.
All proceeds will go to charity: One third to Thornbury Carnival Association Charity Fund, and two thirds will be reinvested in next year’s carnival.
There is only Disabled Parking on site.